The photos above represent installations from current voting members of Solar Installers of Washington. Click to view SIW's current membership.
Join #SolarStrong today!
Last year, the Washington State Legislature failed to reauthorize our state’s popular solar program. Solar is a great investment for Washington homeowners and businesses, and like any other investment, people deserve clear, simple rules. Washington is falling behind in solar, so we’re asking the Legislature to refresh our solar policy in the 2017 Legislative Session. Support the effort to keep Washington #SolarStrong
View a side-by-side comparison of the current program versus the proposed bill draft to begin the 2017 legislative session. (PDF file)
Solar Installers of Washington (SIW) is a professional trade association established in October 2013 to be a unified voice for the common business interests of its members, particularly related to public policy, legislation, and governmental relations. SIW educates legislators and regulators while promoting public understanding about the impacts of policies related to solar energy inside the State of Washington. SIW also represents the interests of Washington-based solar installers in conversations with manufacturers, distributors and allies that routinely interact with its members.
SIW was formed to:
- Be a unified voice for the common business interests of its members;
- Engage in activities to improve or maintain business conditions for its members;
- Serve its members by representing and advocating on their behalf in matters related to public policy, legislation and governmental regulations;
- Be a resource to policy and regulatory officials on matters impacting its members;
- Promote awareness and understanding of the impacts of various policy and regulatory proposals or decisions on the locally-based, locally-incorporated solar and renewable energy installation businesses in the State of Washington;
- Become a recognized 501c6 tax-exempt nonprofit association with the rights afforded to such a business league.
SIW is a virtual organization relying upon the active involvement of its members in conference calls, virtual meetings and timely electronic communication.
SIW has been engaged with the Washington State Building Code Council and representatives from the fire fighting community on state adoption of and revisions to the International Fire Code, International Building Code and International Residential Code applicable to solar installations. Revisions made to the state adopted codes have now been incorporated into the national level codes.
Solar Installers of Washington was founded to serve the specific needs and interests of solar installation contractors based within the state of Washington. Click to find out more about the types of memberships offered by SIW.
Friends of SIW
SIW welcomes contributions from anyone who believes in supporting our mission of representing the interests of Washington-based solar installers. Online contributions are quick and easy using PayPal's secure credit card transaction interface. We welcome contributions of all sizes and can set up a recurring payment. Or, you may make your contribution by mailing a check to Solar Installers of Washington, Attn: Friends of SIW, 18388 Periwinkle Lane, Mount Vernon, WA 98274. Solar Installers of WA is a 501©6 non-profit tax-exempt professional business association promoting the business interests of its members. Donations are not tax-deductible as a charitable contribution.